7.24.2012

Introducing Russell.

THIS is Russell Owen.
He is by far the craziest kid we have. I once heard Wylee say to her baby dolls, "That's Fussell, he hits us and kicks us and bites us and throws things at us." Yep. That pretty much sums up Russell. In fact, as I type this, he is climbing up on the recliner that I'm sitting in and jumping off of it to the couch.
Sunday afternoon is the ONLY afternoon that everyone in the house naps. This Sunday, however, Russell and Jared did NOT nap while the rest of us did. Wylee ran into our room and yelled "Russell peed on my floor!!" Jared got up to go see what was going on and I heard him say, "Why are you naked on the counter??" Russell was sitting on the bathroom counter butt naked washing his shorts in the sink. Jared asked him if he peed in Wylee's room and he very proudly took Jared in the room and showed him right where he had peed. The fun isn't over yet. Jared put Russell back to bed (diapered and clothed) and came back to finish his nap. We woke up again about an hour later to find Russell, butt naked AGAIN, sitting on the bar behind the kitchen sink spraying the trash can with the vegetable sprayer! I can't make this stuff up people. His arms and legs were covered in marker and that kid hadn't napped a single minute. Never again will I fall asleep before making sure Russell is asleep first.
This is the kind of stuff that goes on daily in our house......
Russell dipping toilet paper into the toilet bowl and throwing it on the walls (this happens a LOT, and I have a fear of balled up wet paper...especially toilet paper). And yes he is in a onesie at 2 years old. Its the only way that I can keep a diaper on his bum.

This is Russell covered in body wash.
Russell wearing my socks, he does this ALL the time.
Look at that face! Guilty as sin. He just turned on the water as Jared was looking into the sprayer.

Russell is always getting into baby powder, reminding me that I haven't hidden ALL of the bottles yet. He covers the toilet lid with baby lotion. He drinks out of the toilet, and often. He jumps from the coffee table to anyone or anything he can reach. And I can't keep a diaper on that kid for the life of me!
Just last night Jared took his diaper off and I had a new one ready to put on him and then put his pjs on. Wyatt was laying on his blanket on the floor and Russell walked over to him bent his knees, and peed all over Wyatt's blanket, he was dang proud of it too.
I figured if I start a blog documenting the terror that is Russell it will help me to laugh about it rather than go crazy. One day I'll make a book out of this blog and give it to his wife when they get married...and I'll laugh, cause when he has kids he's gonna get back all the heck he gave me!

One more picture just to remind myself that he does have brief moments of sweetness :)

5 comments:

  1. He looks so cute and innocent in the pictures! I look forward to following his latest antics on your blog - great way to cope, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duct tape his diaper on lol! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Isn't it amazing how different each child can turn out? Keep snapping those photos. I can't help it, but I am partial to the picture of him crying with his self-inflicted body wash mask disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica Welch7/24/12, 11:36 AM

    Lmao!!!! I love this kid!!!!!!!! I knew he was special from the moment he was born ;) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these, his name is Paden.

    ReplyDelete