3.28.2013

The first 48 hours.

This house is AHHHMAZING. The first few days went a little bit like this....

we started moving in around 4:30 Friday afternoon, finished on Saturday. I spent all day Saturday unpacking boxes in the kitchen and the other things we would need right away. I put on a big pot of water so I could make macaroni and cheese for lunch....and half an hour later the water isn't even at a full boil, on high. So we discover that the stove isn't up to par. The oven doesn't work and the microwave is the one I used in college. Everything has to be cooked twice as long in it and its small. Less than 24 hours in the new home and I discover orange highlighter graffiti on one of the built in toy boxes in the kids room. I know who did it. I called Wylee upstairs and into the room and asked her what happened. She sat sown on the box, shrugged her shoulders and said I don't know what happened. So I asked who colored on the toy box, she said "uhhhhh I don't knowwww, (touches her finger to her chin like she's thinking) I think maybe Russell did it." So I said, "oh really? Russell knows how to write your name now?" She smiled, shrugged her shoulders again and said "I guess so!". What a little fibber.
36 hours after the big move and Russell comes in our bed at about 6:30 am and asks for water. I thought I gave him some, he started coughing a bunch then made a nasty sound. Jared asked if he just threw up and I said no I gave him water and it just went down the wrong pipe....wait a second. I didn't give him any water in real life, I dreamed that, and that coughing was barfing. After breakfast Baby Jared was laying on the bathroom floor and Wylee was laying on the playroom floor saying "I feel weird"....and by 8:30 all 3 of them were lined up on the couch with barf bowls and towels and a giant blanket covering the carpet in front of them JUST IN CASE. Baby Jared took a little nap, woke up, stood up, stretched and gagged so I said Jared if you're gonna puke grab your bowl! He said he wasn't going to then gagged again. i yelled "grabbed your bowl, GRAB YOUR BOWL!!" but really, who needs a bowl when you can just puke on the floor? Don't worry, he felt a LOT better after that. Everyone seemed fine by noonish. Hallelujah. By Monday we were already locked out of one of the bathrooms (still are). Tuesday we woke up with 3 dogs and went to sleep with none. I don't want to talk about it so don't ask but if you know us then you know that our dogs are family members. Wednesday morning I woke up and found out about an hour later that my sweet Papa had finally gone to be with the Lord. He left behind a family that will miss him dearly and that will ache for his presence for many many years to come. I spent the day at Mimi and Papa's house with my parents and my aunt, my brother and his family, my cousins and my Mimi. I didn't want to leave but I needed to get home to Jared and try to sleep. I was good the whole way home, and while I did some laundry and got the kids to bed. I was good while I straightened the house and changed clothes. I was fine while we watched tv until there was a funeral on Chicago Fire and I realized that it hadn't hit me yet. It hit me, sort of, at that moment. I cried for a little bit and was able to stop pretty quickly...I know Saturday will be a challenge but I'm more worried about Sunday. Our first Easter without Papa. It'll be hard on all of us. Wait, Easter...oh no, I hadn't bought stuff to put in the kids baskets. They're already concerned that the EB won't know where we live. I loaded everyone up and we were out the door at 7 this morning, we dropped Jared off at school, got gas, and headed into Walmart. I grabbed one of those reusable bags and started distracting Wylee by pointing at things while I stuffed things into that bag behind her back. I'm not sure what all I bought but I think there are some wind up animals, some chocolate bunnies, more candy than we needed, fake grass, and some more junk, I hope! I was about to check out and I decided I would look and see if they had ANYTHING that I could wear to the funeral Saturday. Russell wanted to walk so I let him. That was my first mistake. Turned my back for ONE second and as I turned back around I watched the entire cart, groceries and WYATT, and all fall to the ground on top of Wylee and Russell who are now underneath a clothing rack. 5 associates came out of nowhere, litterally, they just appeared. I knew the kids were fine cause I watched it happen. No one hit their head and blood wasn't squirting out from any limbs so my initial reaction wasn't sympathetic, it was annoyed and frustrated and I MAY have said something like "REALLY?!?!?! REALLY YOU GUYS?!?!?!? THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Yall know better! What were you thinking?!" Cue the bad looks from the associates who don't believe me when I tell them that they are fine and that they are only crying cause they're scared. No really, they were fine. They may have seen all the Easter stuff since it all went flying out of the bag. I'm not sure. I'm hoping they were too stunned to notice. Slap all that crap back in the cart and make a beeline for the checkout counter cause I am DONE. How annoying. I wanna go home. Instead let's head to Target! I need something for Saturday and if I don't do it now while we're out then I'll regret it. i found something and was surprised to find out it was on sale when I was checking out. Now we really can go home. I was thinking "man I really want a sonic diet coke but I'm not really near one...well there's one on 276 but that's not on the way home....oh crap it IS on the way home, I'm driving to the OLD house!" I barely made the exit. Got a Diet Coke. Mom told me that Walmart called and said I was banned after my little incident, which I actually believed and got nervous for a minute. Thanks mom. Got home, got inside, and started my period (the piece of crap cherry on top of my piece of crap week). The end. am







No comments:

Post a Comment