8.16.2012

Boy: noise with dirt on it.

I saw this on pinterest last night and it was fitting for today's post.

Russell is straight up noise with dirt on him. He wore me out yesterday. Actually, all the kids did. We had a bonus kid Tuesday night and all day yesterday, Gunner had a sleepover with us. I think all 4 kids changed their clothes 3 times yesterday. I guess there's just something about a little mud in the yard that a kid can't resist, especially Russell.
While we were at dinner with Dallas, Britanie, and my mom last night I gathered some valuable intel from Gunner. The kids played outside almost all day yesterday (probably why they're still asleep at 7:30). They jumped on the trampoline, played in the water hose, even though I told them not to, they played on the swing set, they explored, they dug in the mud I assume....they were covered in it. They peed outside...Britanie had to stop Wylee from POOPING outside on the driveway...they were busy kids. Anyways, at dinner gunner tells me that Russell drank mud water. I said, "I'm not surprised" then I said, "Wait, where did he get the mud water?". Gunner tells me that Jared made the mud water for him, and then Jared pipes in and tells me that he ALSO caught some ANTS and put them in the water. Ants. So Jared had Russell drink muddy ant water. AND THEN I found out this morning that after he drank some they dumped it on his head. I don't know whether to call this payback or karma, or maybe its both. All I know is an ant can't be good for the belly. Britanie has a good feeling that if she hadn't stopped Wylee from pooping on the driveway that there is a good chance that would have come into play as well.
Wyatt woke me up at 6 for a bottle this morning and decided he wasn't going back to sleep. As I was making the bottle I thought to myself how Russell must have slept in his bed all night long. I laid back down and rolled over to pet Caine....and then I thought I was squishing Britches because there was some rustling behind my pillow....and I found this:

I had no idea he was in bed with me, could have been for an hour...maybe it was all night. No clue.
I actually love it when Russell climbs into bed with us. He is so sweet looking when he's asleep. So sweet that it gives me hope that maybe today he won't soak everyone with the hose while jump on the trampoline. Or maybe he won't cover his fingers with mud and then wipe it on some one's back. Maybe, just maybe, we can make it through the day without him pulling Wylee's hair, throwing wet toilet paper on the wall, pinching the baby or head butting Baby Jared. Dream big, right? Its ok...Russell will be Russell.

 Well we didn't fall asleep before him this Sunday, but he woke up before we did :/
Goof ball.

Hmm I got in trouble for doing this 5 minutes ago but maybe the second time will be different.

This is one of his favorite things to do....he clips it on his ears and his eyebrows too! Creeps me out.

I'm pretty sure he was about to take flight.

We told him to go pack a bag so he could go to New Mexico with Poppa...This is what he came back with.

No comments:

Post a Comment