8.06.2012

I guess I needed to mop anyways.

Last week was AWFUL around here. Jared's mom had Jared and Wylee in Houston from Saturday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon...so I had big plans to get a lot done around the house with just Russell and Wyatt. Instead, I woke up with full body aches and didn't feel right...by Sunday night I had a low grade fever and by Monday morning it was 102.8, needless to say I didn't get anything done last week. Jared took me to the doctor Monday...WITH Russell and Wyatt. Sitting in a doctor's office with Russell can make even a short amount of time feel like an eternity. Jared blew up a glove to make a balloon for him, which kept him busy for a couple of minutes. Then Russell found the reflex instrument, whatever that thing is called. I have a nice gash on my shin surrounded by a lovely bruise because Russell tried to check my reflexes with the wrong end of the thing...and in the wrong spot. Jared isn't a whole lot better to have at the doctor's office. He laid Russell on the doctor's chair and spun him around until he was so dizzy that he couldn't stand on his own. It's only funny once. So with a fever that wouldn't go away and then a nice little cough that came with it all my sewing plans were shot. I managed to finish one project last week....but I have 5 more to go.
Lots of Theraflu, and lots of Ibuprofen...it wasn't fun. Then Friday morning my sweet dog Penny passed away. I'm not gonna get into that story because it really doesn't matter and it hurts too much anyways...point is, it completely ruined my month.

My sweet Penny

Jared saw an ice cream truck driving down Blackland Rd last weekend so Big Jared had me get in the car and chase him down. He promised to make his way back to our street after he did the neighborhood that he was turning into. We waited for an hour and this is how the kids kept themselves busy...
A little group effort to free the plunger.

I'm sure when Ruth bought these shoes she intended on wearing them for the ice cream man...

So after my terrible week I am determined to make this one a good one! We started our Monday off with a trip to Wal-mart then followed by a trip to Sonic to reward myself for my trip to Wal-mart...then the bank and Walgreens. We got home and I put the groceries away and then went to my bedroom for a couple of minutes and came back to Russell sitting on the counter with the vegetable sprayer. He had completely soaked the counter tops, the trash can, the coffee table and flooded the kitchen floor all the way to the garage door. Thank you, Big Jared, for teaching him how the vegetable sprayer works. I haven't been able to find humor in this yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Right now Russell's face is covered in pizza sauce and he's grabbing his rear saying "poopoo" so I guess duty calls. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment